Just in at Paris Hotel Boutique!

HAPPY MONDAY! I'm excited to share some of my recent acquisitions added to the site today.



I nearly flipped when an antique dealer friend of mine contacted me about these rare barstools from the old Crown Room in San Francisco's Fairmont Hotel. Over the last ten years I have acquired a set of the chairs and one barstool. To find more is amazing. They are probably the most treasured pieces in my home. So, I'm keeping a pair and selling three.



I'm crazy over the Neoclassical style, and more importantly, where they came from!



The Crown Room was erected in 1961 as part of a 23 story Tower in the Fairmont Hotel. In its heyday, it was a fabulous restaurant and bar with a spectacular panoramic view of San Francisco. You could ride the glass elevator on the outside of the building to the Crown Room located on the top floor. Bejewelled crowns in glass showcases graced the Crown Room's entryway. So glamorous! It was renovated in the late 1990's and is now used for meeting and conferences. See the barstools in the photo?


Another fab find were these massive Art Deco hatstands from Paris. I have never seen anything like them before. They adjust to 4 feet & 6 feet tall! Solid brass with the wonderful embossing of Siegel, Paris. They must have been used as store displays due to their size.




I'm really drawn to oversized items. They make such a great statement in a room. I was excited to find this two foot tall hourglass!



And of course, lady portraits. I can never have enough. There are so many in my house that it's as if the paintings are staring at me saying, "Lady, what are you doing with all of us here?" Seriously, they are whimsical and fun. An instant family!



Those are just some of the items I'm selling at Paris Hotel Boutique. To view all of the new items, click here.

Wishing you all a great week ahead!



photos from parishotelboutique.com

Comments

These bar stools are incredible, how can you part with them? And the history, you have some gorgeous finds. The hat stands are fabulous....wish I hadn't spent all my money on ribbon!
Unknown said…
i love the lady portraits! actually, everything you carry is a favorite of mine!
xox
Those bar stools make me drool... And, loving the Parisian hat stands. Wow... nice finds, my dear.
xo,
Christina
Cyn said…
How amazing to have an actual photo of the stools in their original venue. I love the history, and the stools. The hat stands and hourglass are really cool too.
FrenchBlue said…
You are a BIG TEASE NOW NOT LATER!! BEAUTIFUL as always! Thank you very much for my blissful flowers today~
xo's
Oh where DO you find these incredible things??

Your site is one of the best -- the best of the best! :)

Ruth

Popular Posts