Remembering Dominick Dunne

Sadly, today best-selling author Dominick Dunne died of cancer. What a tremendous writer he was, famous for detailing crimes of the rich, famous, and infamous. You can read an early version of his New York Times obituary here, the memoriam from Vanity Fair here.

Fellow blogger Coterie, suggested a 2009 documentary entitled Dominick Dunne: After the Party- if you are a fan of his, it's a must see.

We will greatly miss this gifted writer.

Photograph by Mark Seliger for Vanity Fair

Comments

vicki archer said…
I have read all his books and love his columns - what a loss; he was such an urbane, clever and oftentimes witty writer. xv
bblackvt said…
Oh, I’m most upset and sad as I have always loved his show “Dominick Dunne’s Power, Privilege and Justice” I always loved true crime tv and his documentaries always had that extra “je ne ce qua” ( I don’t know exactly what it was…) that made his shows more appealing and suspenseful and interesting to watch. My true condolences to his family and friends. Dominick, you will be missed!!!
Dixie said…
One of my personal favorite icons of the 20th century.. I read about his death yesterday... by chance... because his death was so over shadowed by the death of Ted Kennedy...

tho... I liked Mr. Dunne so much more...

He will be missed by many.
I loved reading his columns, watching Power, Privilege and Justice and so remember the first book of his I read years ago (stolen from my mother's night stand!) The Two Mrs. Grenvilles. He always captured my attention from the very beginning of an interview to the very end. Lovely to see a post about Dominick Dunne in remembrance.

Popular Posts