Hot Off the Press!


This delightful book arrived at my door and I couldn't be more thrilled to share it with you! 

You always hear me touting my favorite haunts in San Francisco, and now we have a FABULOUS book with an insiders guide of Oakland, only a half an hour bridge ride away from S.F.--  definitely worth the drive or trip if you're in the Bay Area.



And who better to author this book? My dear friend, Melissa Davis of Ruby Press, an Oakland-based PR agency.

The book is just beautiful in person! It's sort of a travel-guide book that profiles 90 interesting places to visit, from cafés to shopping. It's filled with gorgeous photos by Kristen Loken.

Here is a taste of a few of my favorite haunts in the book;


For those of us who love vintage, Mascot General Store's owner Abi "blends an interest mix of vintage home décor which includes old globes, wool blankets, mid-century lamps, vintage apothecary bottles, paperbacks from the '70s, and vinyl records." Look at the photos...such a wonderful eclectic mix!


If you've shopped my website, you've seen my assortment of vintage books. In my case, I  love rare books and interesting covers! Erik Heywood of Book/Shop sells primarily vintage books that are carefully curated. He generally has a selection of about 80 books at a time.


Oakland still has many old Art Deco gems such as the Paramount and Fox Theatres. They are absolutely stunning in person! 

Did you know that the Fox Theatre was built for 3.5 million dollors in the 1920s and boasted the largest theatre capacity on the west coast? I didn't either! I'm so glad that some of these old theatres have been saved from demolition, so that we can enjoy their history and historic beauty!

If you want to see more of the book, you can order it here.

Even if you don't make it to Oakland, many of the shops in the book have websites that you can peruse.

Congrats Melissa and Kristen on such a beautiful book! I just love it!


1st image: Anthology magazine, additional images all by Kristen Loken.


Comments

Popular Posts